Thursday, April 11, 2013

Good News! A Message to Proclaim


Do you know someone who is searching for life's purpose? Many people are looking for the point of life, but they're looking in all of the wrong places. Wisdom, wealth, power, prominence, pleasure – none of these things have what can really fill your life with purpose. What if I told you that the key to fulfillment in life is likely right under your nose?

The average American household owns at least three Bibles. At the very heart of God's book, we see a positive message: the gospel of Jesus Christ! Jesus will give you purpose (Col. 3:4). I don't have to remain in the shackles of sin any longer! Jesus Christ has saved my soul! That's a powerful message. That message will give you purpose.

I imagine the majority of people who read my blog already know about the message of the gospel. You have probably experienced the grace that it brings. Your life, though imperfect, is purposed on heaven and you are traveling there via the Way, the Truth and the Life, Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

But what about everyone else (Mat. 7:13-14)?

The gospel must be proclaimed. It has been designed for that very purpose. Paul says, " I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you" (1 Cor. 15:1). Jesus commanded, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15-16).

Maybe you're on fire about the message, but you don't know where to begin carrying it to other people. It seems like our first century brothers and sisters were motivated by at least three things:

  1. They proclaimed the gospel because of their love for God (1 Thes. 2:1-4).
  2. They proclaimed the gospel because of their love for people (1 Thes. 2:5-9).
  3. They proclaimed the gospel because of the judgment (1 Pet. 1:25; 4:5-6; cf. Rev. 14:6-7).
We have a positive message that has been handed down from heaven; let's go proclaim it to as many people as we can!

How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, 
Who bring glad tidings of good things! (Isa. 52:7; Rom. 10:15)

For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel! For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a stewardship. What is my reward then? That when I preach the gospel, I may present the gospel of Christ without charge, that I may not abuse my authority in the gospel (1 Cor. 9:16-18).

No comments:

Post a Comment